Right now there are many opportunities to find cheap bank owned homes in Columbia, SC. You will also find friendly residents, fabulous weather, a reasonable tax base, great schools and easy access to the beaches, the mountains, parks, rivers and other recreational activities. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should invest in Columbia foreclosed homes:
- The area has a strong economy. It is home to a diverse and growing business market consisting of numerous law firms, banks and real estate corporations.
- The University of South Carolina, Benedict College, Columbia College and other technical colleges are located here with thousands of students, many of whom rent properties in the area.
- Fort Jackson is located in Columbia.
- Columbia made the Forbes 2009 “Best Places for Business and Careers” list and Business Week Magazine’s 2009 list of the 40 strongest metropolitan economies across the nation.
- It’s a popular retirement destination. In 2007, Where to Retire Magazine ranked Columbia as one of its top 25 choices for retirement calling it a “budget town”.
- It was recently named one out of 30 of “America's Most Livable Communities.”
With so many compelling reasons to own property in Columbia, it just makes sense to invest in foreclosure homes here.
Columbia’s strong rental market is just another reason why you should invest in foreclosed houses and apartments. With many families displaced from losing their homes to foreclosures, there is a high demand for rental homes in neighborhoods with good school. Since Columbia has excellent schools, you don’t have to look very hard to fund these neighborhoods. Students attending area colleges are looking for rental properties close to their colleges as well. Market conditions have never been better for finding cheap foreclosure listings and renting them out.
Columbia has location, location and more location. It’s located just two hours from the mountains, the ocean and two major rivers right in the heart of the South. Only three hours from Atlanta, one hour from Greenville or Charlotte and two hours to Charleston. You cannot get a much better location than Columbia, South Carolina. That explains why so many investors/ buyers want to own foreclosed homes and apartments here.
To find the perfect property for your needs, you should check with a local Realtor. Realtors represent banks and list their REO foreclosure listings in the local MLS. So if you are looking for cheap bank owned properties, you may want to start your search with a Realtor. Government foreclosures also require that you make your offer with a Realtor. The Realtor can give you information on recent sold properties so you can compare the prices. This way you will know what to offer when you find the right bank owned home.
With so many affordable homes to choose from in the Columbia and surrounding areas, now is the perfect time to invest in inexpensive foreclosed homes. Whether you are planning on living in the home or renting it out, you won’t be disappointed when you buy Columbia foreclosed houses.